The kids are back in school which means a lot of parents are looking to get back into a healthy routine.
Now I know all of you, just like my wife and I, love our kids and enjoy having them around, but getting back to our “normal” schedule can be just what we all need.
I understand that things can be overwhelming when school starts like making sure your kids homework is done, running them around to all the activities and having dinner ready.
So to make sure you stay on a healthy track during the school year, I have put together 5 great snacks that are perfect for your busy schedule and under 400 calories each.
- Simple PB Protein shake: 1 scoop of protein powder (I prefer Plant Fusion) with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1 tbsp of organic peanut butter. 26 g of protein, 8.5 g of carbs, 18.5 g of fat and 260 calories.
- Berry Jerky: 2 cups of strawberries or any mixed berries with 2 oz of turkey jerky. 24 g of protein, 30 g of carbs, 2 g of fat and 240 calories.
- Cottage Trio: 1 cup cottage cheese with ¼ cup blueberries and 20 almonds. 31.25 g of protein, 14.5 g of carbs, 9.4 g of fat and 265 calories.
- Quick Sandwich: 2 oz of no-nitrate deli meat with 1/8 avocado, 2 slices of whole wheat bread and slices of tomato. 18 g of protein, 35 g of carbs, 7.6 g of fat and 267 calories.
- Shake and apple: 1 scoop of protein with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp almond butter blended and an apple on the side. 24 g of protein, 29 g of carbs, 15 g of fat and 340 calories.